Saturday 13 October 2007

RetroVaders - Final Thoughts

Well, that's the initial release of RetroVaders out of the way. The response so far has been largely positive too, which is nice.

I've submitted the game to Retro Remakes and Happy Penguin - I'll have to go through my list of other places to submit to later on. Judging from past experience it will take a couple of days before the game appears on the sites, so I'll have to be patient.

I'm toying with the idea of making a "Super RetroVaders" rather than making an update to this one. The update will incorporate any new ideas I've had, as well as suggestions made by others.

I've also started updating the main Dan's Remakes site. This is long overdue and now is probably as good a time as any to start, especially as I need incorporate RetroVaders into the site. I've begun with the "Finished Projects" page, which now uses animated GIFs for the screenshots and also shows the comparison between the original game and the remake.

I'll start working my way through the site over the next couple of weeks, and move some of the non-remake stuff onto this site.

No comments: