Monday 15 October 2007

RetroVaders - 1.10

I think I've got the screen resolution problem on MacOS X sorted now, but I'll have to wait till later on tonight before I'll get the chance to do a recompile.

I've ported the screen mode / resolution switching code from Chaos Caverns to RetroVaders and set the default resolution to 640x480. This should be enough to get all three platforms running properly.

There are a couple of other tweaks in the 1.10 release such as removing the auto fire so the base now acts more like the original one, reducing the frequency of the UFO from 1 in 1000 to 1 in 10000, and slightly reducing the amount that the invaders drop each run to give the player a bit more of a chance.

The Linux and Windows versions will get updated later on today, the Mac one will probably be released late tonight or early tomorrow morning.

If this version compiles and runs OK then I'll also try a MacOS X compile of Chaos Caverns.

Update 1: The Linux and Windows versions are now online.

Update 2: The MacOS version is now online too. I've also uploaded a MacOS port of Chaos Caverns 1.000 (I'll post an up-to-date version at the same time as the next Chaos Caverns release).

No comments: