Wednesday 3 October 2007

Blogrush - does it really work?

The fastest and easiest way to drive a flood of targeted readers to your blog... absolutely free!

Sounds pretty good doesn't it? I'm always a bit dubious when it comes to things like this - there is usually a catch somewhere - like ending up providing free advertising for someone but not receiving enough clicks to actually earn from it as an example.

I set up BlogRush on here a couple of days ago, and I've got to admit I've been less than overwhelmed so far. In fact, my whelm is so far under it is in danger of reaching the Earth's molten core. Now, I'm usually a good one for being patient about things. BlogRush are in the process of updating their servers at the moment so I've been unable to check what they are actually doing. Until today. According to their stats I've been serving out pages for them (which I knew), but I've received back a grand total of. . . . .

None. Nothing. Naff all. Not a sausage.

Hardly a flood. Not even a trickle. To be perfectly honest I couldn't even describe it as a drip.

Once the BlogRush dashboard is available (apparently within the next couple of days) I'll be able to find out more about what is happening - but at the moment I can't say too much in favour of the service.

I'm going to give it a couple of weeks and see if it does bring any traffic in. I'm not exactly holding my breath though.

No comments: