Saturday 23 August 2008

I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again

Before "Monty Python's Flying Circus" and "The Goodies" came the radio series "I'm Sorry, I'll Read That Again" (ISIRTA).

The show, starring John Cleese, Bill Oddie, Graeme Garden, Tim Booke-Taylor, David Hatch and Jo Kendall was a mix of sketches and comedy songs, some of which were resurrected on "At Last The 1948 Show", "The Goodies," and the "Monty Python" albums.

ISIRTA initially was a radio version of the "Cambridge Circus" revue, and was first broadcast as "Get Off My Foot."

ISIRTA ran between 1964 and 1973 (with a couple of specials in the years since). It also spawned a long-running comedy panel show "I'm Sorry, I Haven't Got A Clue."


Thanks to the magic of YouTube here are some prime examples from 1968 of "I'm Sorry, I'll Read That Again."


Bee Keeping Interview Sketch



The Ferret Song



The Ballad of Oliver Cromwell

No comments: