Monday 24 December 2007

Apples and Lyons

So apparently Fake Steve Jobs aka Dan Lyons has been targetted by Apple's lawyers, presumably in a vain attempt to get him to shut the heck up.

I know that this is the season of good will to all men, so presumably that should include our Mr Lyons but I've got to say that I'm really not surprised that Apple have had enough of him, only that it took this long. I was sick of the joke after the first couple of weeks.

One thing that has amused me is his surprise that the EFF refused to represent him, allegedly because of some of the critical things he's said about them. Would they be Freetards or Linuxtards Dan?

I've got to admit that I'm still not sure if this is just a publicity stunt by our Dan or if Apple genuinely wants to close his blog. According to Dan they've offered him half a million dollars for it (which he has so far turned down).

Well, it's time to come clean. After my negative posts on the iPhone, Apple have been in touch with me too, and have made an offer based on the amount that I've annoyed them, coupled with my net worth. What I'm going to do with £2.75 and a packet of crisps remains to be seen.

Update: Well, it looks like I was right - Dan L. was living up to the "Fake" part of "Fake Steve" and the whole buyout / legal action thing was a hoax. Can you say Lyons without Lie? I don't think so.

What would be amusing now would be if Apple actually did sue him for slander ;-)

No comments: