Thursday 2 October 2014

Time Flies

I've just had a bit of a surprise when I realised how long I've been using Linux as my main operating system.

"How long?" I hear you ask...

Thirteen years.

Yes folks, thirteen years!

Around the time that Windows XP was released, I'd switched to Linux as a "can I use it full time" experiment, and never went back.

These days I'm not even dual booting, Ubuntu is the only OS on my computer, and it does everything I need at present - (I'm not a huge gamer).  I'll admit, I have got a Windows XP virtual machine, but in all honesty it doesn't get used and will probably be deleted if I start running low on disk space.

In that time I'd started off using Mandrake Linux, switched to Slackware (which I used for a good number of years) before switching to Ubuntu.  I never found any good reason to switch back to Slackware - so I've been using that ever since.

It's true what they say, "Time flies when you're having fun..."

No comments: