Wednesday 26 August 2009

Chaos Caverns II - Dev Diary - Part 2

Updated 28/08/2009

As the original post is getting a bit on the long side, I'll be continuing the Chaos Caverns 2 dev diary here.

I've been taking a couple of days off to think through what direction I want to take the game in. There are still a couple of things that I'd like to add in, conveyor belts for example, but nothing that is likely to stop me from finishing the game.

I've been toying with the idea of releasing a demo of the game so far, but to be honest I'd rather release a finished (and more importantly tweaked and polished) game this time around. With that in mind I'll be putting out a call for volunteers to beta-test the game once the game is a bit further along. Interested? Then feel free to get in touch either via the comments on this blog post, the development thread on Retro Remakes or by email at dans.remakes(AT)googlemail.com.

Right, enough gabbing for now - back to coding!

28/08/2009

One of the problems with being less than artistically gifted is that doing the graphics for a game takes a lot longer than you might expect. Trying to make animated sprites takes even longer.

Rather than trying to create the sprites from scratch I'm (mainly) shinking and editing images from photographs. This is giving the game a much more "unique" look and certainly makes up for my lack of artistic talent.

No comments: